There are three types of small businesses operating in the recession of 2009, according to Jay Mincks, EVP of Sales and Marketing for Insperity.
- One group is having a really difficult time and may not make it.
- The second group is probably going to just survive the recession
- The last group will actually thrive and grow during the current downturn
So why does Jay think that identifying this business stratification is important? Two reasons:
1. To remind you that your small business – and mine - fits into one of these categories. I know which group I want to be in, how about you?
2. When we’re looking for small business prospects to sell to, the vast majority of small business prospects are either hanging in there or are doing okay. That’s a lot of prospects we can sell to - right now.
Recently, Jay Mincks (Insperity.com)joined me on my small business radio program, The Small Business Advocate Show, and we talked about this topic and his thoughts on surviving and thriving in a recession. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn from and get motivated by this corporate leader. And, of course, be sure to leave your thoughts.