Limiting the size of government

Here are the results of last week poll question, including my comments:

The Question: Would you take more personal responsibility for what life hands you - good or bad - if it meant limiting the size of government?

7% - No - The government is supposed to take care of its citizens.

93% - Yes - Politicians should stop thinking we expect them to fix everything.

Jim’s comment:
We wanted to know if Americans were ready to return to their pioneer roots and begin the process of reducing our dependence upon government. So we asked my radio, Internet and Newsletter audiences this question: “Would you take more personal responsibility for what life hands you - good or bad - if it meant limiting the size of government?” Here’s what we learned.

Those who thought, “The government is supposed to take care of its citizens,” represented a whopping 7% of our sample. The good news is that the rest, 93%, said, “Politicians should stop thinking we expect them to fix everything.”

Americans need to have a national gut check about how to limit government spending. A big part of that process will be how much we are willing to tell politicians to stop spending our tax dollars on things we should be doing for ourselves.

To participate in this week’s poll on hiring and the economy, click here.

One Response to “Limiting the size of government”

  1. 1
    Kip Marlow Says:

    Just saw this post and find it fascinating and not a surprise. I talk to small business owners and entrepreneurs every day, and find that they are like the cowboys of the old west. “Just leave me alone, get out of my way, and I’ll make it a better world.” Glad to see that so many business owners “get it”.

Leave a Reply




Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php on line 1142

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to twitter.com:80 (Unknown error) in /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php on line 1142